Our commitments and what we ask of you
We have a responsibility to act fairly and as part of this we have committed to follow the Standards of Lending Practice. This note sets out some of our key responsibilities and what we ask of you, to ensure that the relationship works well for both of us.
- We will treat you fairly and reasonably at all times and make sure that you are provided with a high level of service.
- We will provide you with information about our processes and services and how they work, in a clear and understandable way, so that we can agree on a solution that’s best for you and your needs.
- We will seek to understand the overall circumstances of the account, and work to identify appropriate options, including referral to free debt advice or other support organisations.
- If you tell us about any inaccuracies, for example around the personal information we hold about you, we will act quickly to put it right.
- We will always aim to help if you or the Estate are having difficulties in meeting an agreed repayment plan.
- If we ask a third-party organisation to manage your account on our behalf, we will provide you with their details and ensure they continue to deal with you fairly and reasonably.
What we ask of you
- Please contact us even if the Estate is unable to make any payments at present. We may be able to provide access to additional help and guidance.
- Think carefully about how the Estate can afford to repay to help clear the outstanding balance in a sustainable and manageable way.
- To be open in your dealings with us and to promptly respond to requests for information we may need to be able to assist you.
- Carefully check any information received in relation to the account to make sure this is accurate. If something isn’t right, please get in touch with us.
- Please let us know if your circumstances change, particularly if what’s happened is likely to cause you or the Estate difficulties in resolving the balance. The sooner you do this, the more likely it is we’ll be able to find a way to help you.
- Please let us know if any of your contact details change, so we can keep our records up to date.